Heather McGill, PT, DPT, SCS
290 Division Street, Suite 200,
San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States
- Email: Info@PhysicalTheraPT.com
- Website: www.PhysicalTheraPT.com
- Twitter: @PhysicalTheraPT
- Instagram: @dr.heathermcgill
I received my doctorate from USC and am a licensed Physical Therapist. I am also a board certified Sports Clinical Specialist (SCS), one of 1500 in the nation. I went to UCLA for my undergraduate degrees, studying business and Spanish.
Specialties & Certifications
- Active Release Techniques (ART) Certified Provider
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Medical Professional
- Postural Restoration Institute (PRI)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- TRX Sports Medicine Trainer
- Graston Technique Certified
- Rocktape certified-FM1/kinesio taping
- McConnell taping
Athletic & Training Background
I have been an athlete ever since my soccer and swim team days as 6 year old in Sacramento. During high school, I was a 5-sport Varsity athlete: cross country, track, soccer, water polo, swimming. During my 20's, I ran 5 marathons, countless 5k & 10k races and competed in Sprint & Olympic distance triathlons.
Current Role Working with Athletes
I have experience working with a diverse athletic population, including professional (MLB, NFL, MLS) & Division I college athletes, golfers, ballet & contemporary dancers, Crossfit, weekend warriors, youth and Masters level. I am one of 1500 board-certified sports physical therapists in the nation.
As a clinician, my treatment philosophy focuses on the goal of optimizing healing and movement for the entire body. I utilize manual therapy, soft tissue techniques, breathing & postural restoration with integration of therapeutic exercise-driven treatment strategies to correct both painful and dysfunctional movement patterns throughout the body. I believe in a one-on-one treatment model in order to treat each patient individually with the most effective, evidence-based outcomes. I am passionate about health & movement, striving to enable each patient to reach their own physical therapy & athletic performance goals.
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein