Henry Lau B.S., LMT
Movement Therapist, Licensed Manual Therapist, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Personal Trainer
Next Level Athletic Training Cent
12 Industrial Ln, Johnston, RI, 02919, United States
- Phone Number: 4013451817
- Email: Henrylau.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/henrylauLMT/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/henrylaupt/
- University of Rhode Island: Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology Magna Cum Laude
- Bristol Community College Massage Center: Massage Certificate
Specialties & Certifications
- Functional Range Release: Upper Extremity
- Soft Tissue Manipulation
- Movement Screening
- Movement Patterning and Retraining
Athletic & Training Background
Henry was originally a track athlete in high school; captain of the cross country, indoor and outdoor track. He ran middle distances until an injury sidelined him to the weight room. Since then he has dabbled in Brazilian jiu jitsu, Olympic weight lifting and gymnastics work.
Current Role Working with Athletes
Henry works with athletes in a one on one setting as a strength coach to optimize their physical attributes or their movement therapist to optimize movement patterns to increase resiliency and efficiency. At times, he is doing both to maximize performance with his clients.
Henry's philosophy is assessing the individual as a whole and improving their function as a human. He selects interventions that he believes to be most fruitful depending on the outcomes of the assessment and context of the individual. He believes the most optimal outcome comes from a multi-factorial solution that encompasses psychological and physical attributes of an individual. His comprehensive approach addresses individuals on a continuum from discharged physical therapy patients to high level athletics.