Jared Maynard, PT, MSc (PT), HBSc Kin, CSCS
Physical Therapist, Strength Coach
329 McDonnel St, Unit 2, Peterborough, Ontario, K9H 2W9, Canada
- Phone Number: 7057491313
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @jaredikmaynard
- Twitter: @derajmaynard
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, McMaster University Class of 2012
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy, Queen's University Class of 2015
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, 2015
- Certified Health Care Provider, Complete Concussion Management Institute, 2015
Specialties & Certifications
- Spinal manipulations
- Dry Needling
- Concussion Assessment and Rehabilitation
Athletic & Training Background
- Current CPU 82.5kg Raw, Drug-Free Powerlifter
- 6+ years of strength training experience
- Worked professionally as a clinical kinesiologist prior to pursuing physical therapy education
- Former canfitpro certified personal trainer
- 3 seasons of high school football experience, playing slotback and tight end
- Martial arts (Kung Fu) x 3 years
Current Role Working with Athletes
Regular assessment and treatment of perfornance-based athletes as part of daily practise, especially operating out of a sports injuries clinic. Athletes range from recreational sports and general fitness to rep sports, Ontario Hockey League players and nationally- and internationally-ranked Canadian powerlifters.
Team Physiotherapist with the Peterborough Wolverines rep football team for the 2016 season.
Each person is different in their presentation and their personal goals. It's my job to understand each person individually, find the root of any problems they're having and make them the best athlete they can be. Finally, I need to teach them how to maintain those improvements themselves. It's a challenging process, but I love it!
"The day I stop desiring to learn is the day I stop living." - Me, just now.
I'm also an expert air guitarist.