Jon Herting, PT, DPT, CSCS, HFS, USAW
The Training Room Physical Therapy
1451 Conchester Hwy
Garnet Valley, PA 19060
- Twitter - @JonHerting
- Instagram - @JonHerting
- Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.herting
B.S. Exercise and Sports Science, Ursinus College, D.P.T. Physical Therapy, Widener University
Specialties & Certifications
- National Strength and Conditioning Association - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- American College of Sports Medicine - Health Fitness Specialist (HFS)
- United States Weightlifting - Sports Performance Coach
- Functional Movement Screen Specialist Level 2
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment Level 2
- International Kettlebell and Fitness Federation, Certified Kettlebell Teacher (CKT 1)
- Kettlebell Athletics Coach - Level 1
- International Youth Conditioning Association - Youth Conditioning Specialist Level 2
- Sportsmetrics ACL Injury Prevention Certified Instructor.
Athletic & Training background
4 Year Starter and team CaptainMVP on Ursinus College Soccer Team
Present role working with athletes & lifters
I currently own an outpatient PT clinic inside of a sports performance institute where my patient load is 90% athletes. I also keep weekly hours at two local Crossfits. I work closely with the institutes Director of Strength and Conditioning to safely and effectively create return to play programs that promote optimal return to sport at high levels of function.
The basis of my treatment philosophy is a hybrid between FMS/SFMA, DNS and PRI. I have taken extensive continuing education in each and use their philosophies to guide my movement based approach. I believe that a clinician needs to understand where an athlete needs to go in order to get them there and that our profession is lacking in practitioners who know how to appropriately load and progress athletes as they work towards returning to sport.
“Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't”― Jerry Rice