Jordan August, PT, DPT, SFMA, FMS, USAW
Benedetto Sports and Orthopedics
- 465 Boulevard, Building E, Elmwood Park, New Jersey, 07407, United States
- Phone Number: 201-538-7131
- Email: Jordaneaugust@gmail.com
- Instagram: @benedettosportsortho
- Instagram; jaug15
- Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology from the University of Rhode Island.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Rutgers University in 2015.
Specialties & Certifications
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- Certified Speed & Agility Coach (CSAC)
- USAW Level 1 Sports Performance Coach
- Actively Pursuing Advanced Certifications as:
- Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Sports Certified Specialist (SCS)
Athletic & Training Background
Athletics play a big role in my life. I grew up playing numerous sports but as I grew older I focused mostly on baseball playing all year round for numerous teams. Being an athlete myself is one of the reasons I decided to pursue a career as a Physical Therapist focusing on Sports and Orthopedics. Currently, I train and lift 6 days a week and feel that it is an important aspect in maintaing an overall healthy lifestyle.
Current Role Working with Athletes
Our clinic is located within TNT training facility where some of the best athletes in New Jersey train on an everyday basis. The athletes we treat range from 5 yrs old up to the professional level. I have the privilege to work with these athletes in many different aspects from focusing on rehab of previous or current injuries to improving their mobility and movement patterns to optimize overall performance. We also focus on injury prevention and giving them the tools they need to help prevent future injuries. We aim to bridge the gap between rehab and performance in the ability to follow an athlete throughout their entire plan of care. Although we specialize in athletics, our treatment philosophy also helps the occasional weekend warrior or average adult who is looking to decrease their pain and move better.
I strive to focus on changing the way patients move, in order to become more functional in the way the human body was designed. This evidence based approach to treatment not only addresses the patient's pain but also identifies problems that arise in other areas making the patient more vulnerable to future injury.
"Success Isn't Always About Greatness. It's About Consistency. Consistent, Hard Work Gains Success. Greatness Will Come."