Kacie E Walters, DC, ART
Catalyst Wellness LLC
- Address: S71W23325 National Ave Suite 5, Big Bend, Wi, 53103, United States
- Phone Number: 2626629775
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.catalystchiro.com
- Bachelors in Human Biology with emphasis in Kinesiology and Health Sciences 2008
- Doctorate of Chiropractic from Cleveland University 2012
Specialties & Certifications
- Active Release Techniques (ART)
- Motion Palpation
- Vojta (Reflex Locomotion)
- Functional Movement Training
- Specializing in treatment of:
- Pregnancy related pain syndromes & rehabilitation of the body post-partum
- Developmental Kinesiology & Rehabilitation of motor development delays
- Gait Assessment & Training
Athletic & Training Background
Dr. Kacie is a a former high school & collegiate fast-pitch softball pitcher where she got her introduction into functional based training. During graduate school, she found distance running and has completed 5 half-marathons, during her training her husband led her to the wonderful world of Kettlebell training and that became the main-stay for her strength training throughout both of her pregnancies. Post-partum Dr. Kacie found Crossfit and developed a love-hate relationship with Olympic lifting which is now the focus of most of her strength training 4x/week. She balances her training out with metabolic conditioning, yoga, pilates and distance running 2-3x/week.
Current Role Working with Athletes
Dr. Kacie and her husband Dr. Travis work with a couple Crossfit gyms local to their area, but their primary affiliation is with Crossfit Muskego & Warrior Barbell where they work with Regional & Granite Games level athletes as well as USAW Weightlifters. Dr. Kacie also works with youth sports athletes locally from soccer and cross country, to volleyball and hockey.
Just because it hurts there, doesn't mean that's where it's coming from, the human frame is built on a kinetic chain and we as movement specialists would be doing patients a disservice if we only addressed the painful site. Most of Dr. Kacie's treatments are centered around patient education and making sure they understand what they are doing on a daily basis that is contributing to dysfunction. No two individuals respond alike to the same treatment, therefore painstaking detail is given to tailoring a unique treatment plan for each individual based on their needs and goals.
"The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in cause and prevention of disease.”
-Thomas A Edison
Dr. Kacie also offers nutritional consulting in addition to manual treatments. Working with athletes, this has become a very big avenue that athletes overlook or are uneducated about in order to improve performance, achieve a desired physique or help facilitate weight loss.