Katie Beltrani PT, DPT, SCS, FAAOMPT
Sports & Performance Physical Therapy
100 West Liberty Street, Suite 170, Reno, NV, 89509, United States
- Phone Number: (775) 470-5881
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.sportsandperformancept.com/
- Social Media Links: LinkedIn
- Graduate Northeastern University, Doctor of Physical Therapy 2014
- Graduate Northeastern University, Bachelors of Rehab Science 2013
Specialties & Certifications
- In 2016 I completed a sports physical therapy residency through Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital and in 2017 I became a Board Certified Sports Specialist.
- During residency, I began my manual therapy fellowship training through the Institute for Athlete Regeneration (IAR). Through IAR I learned a plethora of manual techniques to improve arthokinematics in the injured athlete. IAR also stressed the importance of exercise and biomechanics to ensure the most efficient movements patterns. I graduated from IAR in December of 2017.
- - Sports Certified Specialist (SCS)
- - Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy (FAAOMPT)
Athletic & Training Background
Growing up on Long Island, I had a lacrosse stick in my hand as soon as I could walk. I played lacrosse and Field Hockey in high school, leading my team to the Long Island Championships in Lacrosse for the first time in 14 years. I continued to play lacrosse in college on the club team and eventually coached the Northeastern University woman's club lacrosse team.
Moving to Houston for residency and fellowship changed my entire athletic training- I was introduced to weightlifting and CrossFit. I continue to push myself in CrossFit through load and difficulty movement patterns.
Current Role Working with Athletes
I currently work with athletes in the clinical setting at Sports & Performance Physical Therapy. I hope to be able to expand my network in Reno, NV to include helping CrossFit gym with athletes that might be injured, having difficulty with mobility to provide any advice to help keep their members healthy and active.
I focus on treating the athlete as a whole, looking above and below the site of injury to ensure the athlete will return to sport with reduced risk of future injury. My treatment approach encourages the athlete to be involved in their own health goals, from their initial evaluation to their final appointments, with a focus on exercise to ensure independence with the final stages of their recovery and following return. I develops treatment plans focusing on manual techniques, exercise and proper movement patterns to help athletes reach their ultimate health goals.