Leonidas Scantalides PT, DPT, CSCS, NSCA-CPT, SFG-1, FRCms
Physical Therapist/Strength and Conditioning coach
1410 Broadway, New York, NY, 10018, United States
- BA-Kinesiology and Applied physiology
- DPT-Doctorate of Physical Therapy
Specialties & Certifications
- StrongFirst Kettlebell instructor (SFG-1)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA-CSCS)
- Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT)
Athletic & Training Background
- 4th Dan Black Belt in Taekwondo, competed Nationally and Statewide (1999-2009) in the black belt division.
- Trained 30 years in various martial arts (Uechi-Ryu Karate, Hapkido, Taekwondo, Japanese Ju-Jitsu)
- Currently training in Muay Thai at Renzo Gracie's institute.
Current Role Working with Athletes
-Treating endurance athletes (Triathletes, marathon runners, ultra runners, cyclists), Crossfit athletes, weekend warriors, and recreational weight-lifters.
-Training same population as above.
As movement clinicians, we guide patients/clients through their recovery by facilitating a safe environment within their bodies, provide appropriate education, implement safe/effective strength exercises, and as needed manual therapy.
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."