Leonidas Scantalides, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS, SFG, FRCms
Physical Therapist/Strength and Conditioning Coach
On Point Sports Care
55 West 39th Street Suite 708, New York, NY, 10018, United States
Social Media Links:
- BA-Kinesiology and Applied Physiology
- DPT-Doctorate of Physical Therapy
Specialties & Certifications
- Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- ClinicalAthlete Weightlifting Coach (CWCC)
- StrongFirst Kettlebell Instructor (SFG-1)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA-CSCS)
- Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT)
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist (FRCms)
Athletic & Training Background
4th Dan Black belt in WTF-style Taekwondo, competed Nationally and Statewide (1999-2003) in the black belt division.
Over 30 years of martial arts training (Uechi-Ryu Karate, Hapkido, Taekwondo, Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai).
Currently training at Renzo Gracie academy in Manhattan in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as a blue belt.
Current Role Working with Athletes
Treating the following athletes: combat (muay thai, MMA, BJJ), endurance (triathletes, marathon runners, ultramarthon runners), crossfit athletes, weekend warriors and recreational weightlifters/powerlifters.
Perform strength and conditioning sessions the same population as above.
As movement clinicians, we guide patients/clients through their recovery by facilitating a safe environment within their bodies, provide appropriate education, implement safe/effective strength exercises, and as needed manual therapy.
"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."