Matt Parrish, LMT, CES
Soft Tissue Therapist, Crossfit Coach
Ground Work Theory
764 Miami Circle NE Unit 208, Atlanta, Georgia, 30324, United States
- Phone Number: 813-505-0492
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: matt_lmt
- CORE Institute School of Bodywork and Somatic Therapy, 2004, Tallahassee, Fl.
- US Army Combat Medic School, 2007, Ft. Sam Houston, Tx.
- Combat Lifesaver/Advanced Combat Trauma Interventions Instructor, 2009-2010, US Army
Specialties & Certifications
- NASM, Corrective Exercise Specialist
- CrossFit, Level 1
- NESTA, Heart Rate Performance Trainer
- USAW, L1
Athletic & Training Background
- Bodybuilding/Physique Development since 1998
- Muy Thai/BJJ 2 years
- Crossfit since 2009
- Obstacle Course Races
- Mountain Biking/ Single Track, Bike:GT Avalanche 2.0
Current Role Working with Athletes
My time,is,split between the aesthetic and performance communities. I work with bodybuilding and physique athletes to bring out striations, muscle separation, and increase ROM. On the performance side, I work to restore muscle/joint function relative to the individuals needs. Using a systemic approach through anatomical trains and understanding the fascial matrix anatomical balance can be restored along with facilitation of postural correction. I currently work with international and national level aesthetic athletes, sponsored tri-athletes, local and regional Crossfitters, current and former pro MLB/NFL, USA Collegiate Rugby and many more.
I don't go into a meeting with my athletes with a preconceived notion of what I think should happen. I let the body tell me what it needs and then alter my techniques from there. As we move through the session I adjust to the athlete physique keeping in mind of the desired outcomes. I have found that the victim tends to scream loudest while the offender keeps quiet. That means that if there is knee pain I don't associate the problem to just the knee. I look above and below the complaint area to locate the root of the issue. Through a unique combination of soft tissue and movement therapy I am able to facilitate my athletes through post injury restoration and preventive maintenance.