Presenter: Dr. Melissa Davis
Thursday, January 10th, 3PM EST
Outline of Presentation:
- Understanding scientific study types and their limitations
- Determining whether or how completely to apply conclusions from scientific papers to your own diet and training
- Finite nature of willpower / capacity for restraint and how this relates to realistic goal setting and strategies for success
- Realistic tips for setting and realizing body composition and performance goals
- New Year's Resolution pitfalls
- Self assessment with reference to goal setting (how much can you realistically handle in terms of diet and training)
- Internal locus of control––how taking the "blame" for your successes and failures sets you up for better results
You have 2 options to register for this webinar. Both are FREE:
Claim your 2-month FREE trial in the ClinicalAthlete Forum, that will give you access to this webinar, and all of our past ClinicalAthlete webinars - as well as full access to the resources and discussions in the ClinicalAthlete Forum. *this applies to new members only*
Register for the webinar only, which will allow you to access to the live event, as well as the webinar recording for 2 weeks. After the two week period following the live event, you will no longer have access to the webinar (see option #1).
Dr. Melissa Davis holds a PhD in Neurobiology and Behavior. She was neuroscience researcher at UC Irvine for 10 years where she studied learning and memory, brain plasticity, and cortical development. Her research has been featured in Scientific American and recognized by faculty of 1000.
Melissa is also lifetime athlete. She is a black belt in jiu jitsu under Giva Santana at One Jiu Jitsu in Orange County, a two time IBJJF Master World Champion, and has represented the United States for her division in the Abu Dhabi World Pro twice.
Melissa joins her scientific training with her passion for sport as a consultant at Renaissance Periodization. She has been helping clients with their diet and training as well as writing and editing books and traveling the world to speak at seminars with RP for four years.