Neville Chu, PT, DPT, USAW Sports Performance Coach
2808 E. Burnside St, Portland, OR, 97214, United States
- Phone Number: 503-543-1367
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://therapydiaportland.com/
- Social Media Links: Instagram: @neville.chu.dpt
- B.A. Sociology from University of California, Irvine in 2005
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Boston University in 2012
- 1 year residency in Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy in 2013
- COMT program through Ola Grimsby Institute in 2016.
Specialties & Certifications
USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
Athletic & Training Background
I grew up playing hockey and doing basic working out in the gym through high school and college. I discovered CrossFit in 2008 under the guidance of Max Mormont of CrossFit Costa Mesa and competed in the 2009 Southern California Regionals. After 2009 Regionals I moved to Boston to begin PT school at Boston University and it was there that I transitioned to olympic style weightlifting full time. I trained for a few years as a member of Boston Weightlifting. In 2014 my wife and I relocated to Portland, Oregon where I now train and coach at Magnus Barbell and treat patients at Therapydia Portland in Southeast Portland.
Current Role Working with Athletes
I evaluate and treat athletes of all types and skill levels but my main focus is with CrossFit, weightlifting, and powerlifting athletes.
I utilize full dynamic movement analysis to assess and prioritize impairments related to overall dysfunction and combine manual interventions, corrective exercise, and functional movements specific to the patient.