- East Gosford Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Centre
- 24 brougham st
- East Gosford, NSW 2250
- (02) 4323 7499
Bachelor of Physiotherapy, University of Newcastle, Australia graduating in 2011
Specialties & Certifications
- Certificate III & IV in Gym instruction and Personal Training
- Musculoskeletal and Segmental Dry Needling
- SFMA Level 1
Athletic & Training Background
- National level youth soccer player
- IPF Powerlifting competitor at an international level as a junior - my best totals being 650.5KG raw and & 730 equipped.
Current Role Working With Athletes
As a clinician working in private practice I see a number of strength athletes including powerlifters, strongman athletes and crossfit athletes. I also see a number of field based sports in a clinic based situation. Particularly interested in hip pain, lumbar spine and SIJ pain.
I endeavor to have an evidence based approach to treatment. My main goal is that the patient walks away with a thorough understanding of the issue and what needs to be done to fix it. I feel patients need to be invested in treatment and should be working actively at home to rectify their problem and take ownership of it and not rely on passive treatment. To do this a thorough understanding of their problem is required. With the majority of injuries there is almost always something you can do to train around an injury. Sometimes rest is needed initially but then they should be back training in some capacity ASAP.