Dr. Oscar Andalon, DPT, STC, MTC, SFMA, CSCS, USAW1, CF-L1
171 Saxony Rd., Ste.105, Encinitas, California, 92024, United States
- B.S. - Exercise Sports Science - University of San Francisco 2000
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy - University of St Augustine & Health Sciences 2004
Specialties & Certifications
- FMS - Functional Movement Screen (Functional Movement Systems)
- FCS - Functional Capacity Screen (Functional Movement Systems)
- SFMA - Selective Functional Movement Assessment (Functional Movement Systems)
- YBT - Y-Balance Test (Functional Movement Systems)
- MTC - Manual Therapy Certified (University of Saint Augustine & Health Sciences
- STC - Sports Therapy Certified (North American Sports Medicine Institute)
- CSCS - Strength & Conditioning Specialist (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- USAW1- Sports Performance Coach (Team USA)
- CF-L1 - CrossFit Level1 Coach (CrossFit)
Athletic & Training Background
Oscar’s passion for excelling in sports earned him the opportunity to compete in soccer both at the Division 1 collegiate level at University of San Francisco and at the professional level playing for the California Jaguars; giving him the understanding and experience of knowing what it takes to perform and excel at the highest level of competition. He currently participates in CrossFit, olympic weightlifting, recreational soccer, mountain biking, surfing and beach volleyball.
Current Role Working with Athletes
Dr. Oscar Andalon is a leading and trusted sports physical therapist, strength coach, performance enhancement specialist, educator, author, and Co-Founder of Level4 Physio-Wellness-Performance – San Diego’s Leading Specialty Physical Therapy and Human Performance Practice for People in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and beyond, who value their health and want to restore or maximize their active and healthy lifestyle. For more than 16 years, thousands of athletes, fitness enthusiasts and active people of all ages, levels and sports including, CrossFit, Olympic medalists, professional, collegiate and recreational athletes have consulted Oscar; looking for answers to concerning questions about a fast end to their pain and best ways to improving performance.
Prior to living in Carlsbad, CA, he worked as Clinic Director for a 20,000 sq. ft. sports physical therapy and performance center. He became known as the “athlete whisperer” in the Pacific Northwest by becoming the leading sports performance enhancement physical therapist by working with many CrossFit athletes. He also was a consultant to the Nike WHQ fitness and wellness center in Portland, OR.
Oscar is an orthopedic and sports performance specialist with a true passion in helping athletes and fitness fanatics of all ages and divisions, serving as an educator to bridge the gap between rehab and strength and conditioning.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart working for the Lord, not for men. - Collosians 3:23