Stephanie Scodras, PT, MSc (PT)
Concept of Movement
1-110 Bradford Street, Barrie, Ontario, L4N3B1, Canada
- Phone Number: (705) 728-9333
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.conceptofmovement.com/
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy – University of Toronto (2016)
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Biology – McGill University (2013)
Specialties & Certifications
- Soft Tissue Release
- Sports First Responder
Athletic & Training Background
- 4 years of strength training experience
- Currently training for powerlifting
- Ontario Powerlifting Association (OPA) provincial bronze medalist – women’s 72kg class (2014)
- McGill University Rowing Club – novice women crew - captain & MVP (2012)
- Ottawa half-marathon participant (2010 & 2014)
- High school rugby & softball
Current Role Working with Athletes
In my clinical practice, I treat a variety of athletic injuries including acute and chronic issues. I work with a variety of strength, endurance and hybrid athletes in the young and adult populations. I enjoy the challenges of helping athletes train around acute injuries and helping them build the strength to overcome persistent ones. I am very interested in working with young female athletes and the specific challenges they present with.
I am also a certified Sport First Responder and have experience with local football teams, providing taping services, on-field assessment and treatment of injuries, as well as return-to-play decisions.
The body is great at healing itself. I aim to create the right environment for healing through education, graded exercise exposure and manual therapy when needed. This gives patients the tools they need to gain the skills and confidence needed to work through injuries while minimizing their dependence on me.
“If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room”