Dr. Stephen Swann, DC, CCEP
- Swann Chiropractic
- 1425 S Moore Rd Ste D
- Chattanooga TN 37412
- 4238933300F: 4238933363
- BS in Health Science Education from the University of Florida'93
- Doctorate of Chiropractic from Logan College of Chiropractic '98
- Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practioner 2009
- Countless hours of continuing education.
Athletic & Training Background
- Ran 3 Half Marathons this past Spring 2015
- Competed Masters 220 for Southern Powerlifting Federation 2013
- Enjoy Lifting Heavy
- Crossfit Participant since 2010
- Multiple 100 mile organized road rides2004-2010
- High School Wrestling and Cross Country grad. 1987
Current Role Working With Athletes
Over my professional career I've treated various athletes and athletic injuries. Some of my athletes consist of powerlifting record holders, Leadville 100 trail foot race competitors, cycling road and mountain professional bike racers. The local university wrestling team as well as multiple professional MMA fighters also receive treatment in our clinic. Crossfit has been a steady source of athletic injuries arriving in my practice as well.
I'm well versed in treatment of overuse injuries as well as the acute injuries sustained in training and competition.
My treatment philosophy consists of getting an athlete back into training as soon as possible, with corrections in form and self care in order to prevent recurring injuries. Strengthening kinematic chain weaknesses also are an integral part of my involvement with athletes.
A big part of my practice consists of new patients in my office saying that they want a doc/chiro that understands what they are undergoing, and that is why they chose me.