Zach Cogavin, PT, DPT, CSCS
CORE Physical Therapy and Sports Performance
119 Franklin Avenue, Nutley, NJ, 07110, United States
- Phone Number: 973-542-8355
- Email: email@example.com
- Bachelors of Science in Biology from William Paterson University in 2011
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Rutgers University in 2015
Specialties & Certifications
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Parisi Certified Performance Coach
- Certified Personal Trainer by NCCPT
- I am currently in the process of becoming an ImPACT Trained Physical Therapist to continue my training and education on concussion management.
Athletic & Training Background
I spent my childhood years playing a variety of sports, up to and through high school. As an adult, I train with a variety of disciplines including Crossfit, TRX suspension, and short distance running. My goals for training are to maintain my ability to play competitive basketball and recreational flag football and golf.
Current Role Working with Athletes
While in the clinic, I work with a large variety of patients many of which are High School, College and Crossfit athletes.
Outside of the clinic, I act as a Parisi Certified Performance Coach which allows me to work on improving athletic performance of adolescents aged 7-17.
I believe that every plan of care should focus on functional movement patterns. Correcting these patterns can both eliminate pain and increase performance. I always strive to treat the patient as a whole, taking into account training background, social and work environments, and goals for recovery and performance.
You miss one-hundred percent of the shots you don't take.